Young Ones is excited to introduce our new mentorship program!
Young Ones’ mentorship program provides youth (ages 13 to 24) who have mental health and/or addiction issues with 1 on 1 support from someone (a mentor) who has similar lived experience. Through relationship building, mentors support mentees with issues they may be facing, positive reinforcement in their accomplishments and help them on their road to recovery. The goal of the mentorship program is to provide youth with a positive role model, to build and maintain a relationship which encourages them to make positive progress in their lives, and to provide them with consistent support.
The mentorship program is free to youth who are or have previously been involved with Young Ones through our treatment program or former peer support group as well as other youth who have no prior involvement with Young Ones.
Basic requirements for being a volunteer mentor:
– Be between 18-29 years old
– Have lived experience with mental health and/or addiction issues
– Completion of application package and Mandatory Training
For more information please email one of our Peer Support Program Facilitators.
Eligibility for youth to be a Mentee:
– Be between 13-24 years old
– Have a mental health and/or addiction issue
– Willing to receive 1:1 support from a mentor
– Completion of application package.
For more information please email our Peer Support Program Coordinator.